Hi lovely ones! For the second time this year I made these savory rolls as an “Apéro”, little Finger Food Appetizer, amuse gueule, snack, nibbles, canapé…..call them what ever you wish! I love them! And I think my guests don’t … Continue reading
As you know, if you follow my blog, I prefer plantbased food. As some of you also know, my husband rather not. He likes the idea behind a vegan diet, but doesn’t want to give up meat and fish all … Continue reading
Hi Everyone! I hope you had a delicious Christmas! I would like to share with you the christmas appetizer I made, served with some nice champagne. A great way to start a Dinner Party. Hot Pizza dough with combinations of Goat … Continue reading
This post is not about a new Recipe. March 2014, while visiting my friend in Holland, I prepared them for the first time. Since that day I have made these Breakfast Baskets so many times. Sometimes I changed the Cheese, … Continue reading
Kalhmera Dear Readers and Welcome to an other blog-monday funday. Today I have a special post, as I don’t have one Recipe for you. I have Seven! Fresh from scratch and ready for you to be cooked! What happens on … Continue reading
Vegan Maki Sushi isn’t a new Recipe invented by the Delight Bite – kitchen but today I gave it a little twist by coloring the rice with natural colors – Spirulina, Turmeric, Beet Juice and Sweet Pepper Powder transformed this simple meal into a rainbow.
With Sauteed Garlic-Mushrooms I added more Omami to the food and served it with pickled Ginger, Soy Sauce, Wasabi and of course Chop Sticks.
A great way to create Finger Food for a Party or simply bring some color to the table in a natural way.
Find the Recipe Here or go to “Vegan Delight Bites” or “A whiff from the far east”
Happy Sunday everyone!
Here it is, my second guest Post straight from the recipe book of Mama Lovestone.
You might think “Isn’t this cold Cucumber and Basil Soup more of a summer dish”. Well, I won’t contradict. But hey, there is an other half of the world that has summer time right now. So this is for all you people that enjoy a warm climate right now or that simply don’t care and like to enjoy some cold creamy soup when it snows – just like me.
You can prepare it the day before and it only takes you about 10 Minutes to make this super savory soup.
It’s a great dish to serve in small glasses at the Buffet or also as an appetizer.
That certain something comes from the Noilly Prat, a french Wermouth. If you can’t find that brand, you could also use “Martini extra dry”. Not the same taste, but it would work. The Original Recipe is with greek yoghurt, but I “veganized” the recipe (replaced with soy yoghurt) and as I have tried both ways before, I must say, there is no taste difference. This Soup is simply a taste bomb!
Find this Recipe Here or go to “Appetizers”.
Happy weekend to everyone with many many tasty highlights of course!
As I promised, here my first guest post from no one less then my mother. For the new years eve dinner she prepared a beautiful Buffet for 16 hungry people. Two of the recipes I would like to share with you, as they are simple and fast to make but are a little star, when it comes to tickle your taste buds.
And…my personal opinion: Little scrumptious food combinations in small classes make me happy just to look at.
This is a great option for a Buffet or also as an appetizer.
For me there is no better cuisine then cooking with simple high quality ingredients. And the combination of sweet Cherry Tomatoes and creamy rich Avocado just scream to be eaten together….at least in my head (common, Avo-Toast with Tomatoes and cracked Pepper- who doesn’t get a kick out of this 2 Minute prep. meal)
Find this Recipe Here or go to “Appetizers”
As a first course I would maybe make some homemade focaccia to go with it. Or what are your serving ideas?
In Switzerland we actually don’t have such thing as baby shower (or bridal shower, just the normal showers you take every morning). My best friend is pregnant since 8 months. And while seeing this miracle growing I got aware that we do not at all celebrate our Mothers-to-be enough in this country. As I love hosting parties and didn’t have to reinvent the wheel, this was the perfect moment to throw my Anna and her little Baby Boy a Baby Shower. Time to shower her with love! And of course shower everyone with delicious food, what else!
One of the desserts was my Caramel Apple Cheesecake with Crumble. Click Here to see the Recipe.
An other oldie but goldie I made, were my Marzipan Poppy Seed Cupcakes. Click Here for the Recipe.
For the Salty Flavors I made a Pumpkin-Carrot Quiche and the Spinach-Feta Muffins with Cream Cheese Frosting I make for almost every Party.
And my newest little fun creation were my Potato Skewers. All you do is you bake the halved Potatoes with some oil and Salt, cool them off and then layer delicious toppings on them.
My Creations were: spicy Guacamole and Shrimp / Garlic Salami and Herbal Cream Cheese / Green Olive Paste and Cherry Tomatoes
It’s also a lovely glutenfree option or if you don’t eat bread for any other reason.
For the Non- alcoholic drink I made a Ginger – Apple Lemonde. All you do is grade fresh Ginger and cut some more in to slices. Poor some hot Water over it, mix it with Lime Juice and Honey and but it aside. Then you mix it with organic Apple Juice and some bubbly Water. You can serve this Beverage cold or also warm like a Punch.
It was a wonderful afternoon with all these great woman and I can’t wait to finally meet him!
I wish you all a great weekend!
So in addition to my last post and Recipe The Flower Party Breads with delicious Fillings I also wanted to give you the idea of making similar fillings and fill them into puff pastry.
All you need to do is you butter a muffin form, cut scares from the dough and lay it out in the muffin form. Add the filling and fold the pastry endings into the center. Bake them for about 20 minutes by 200C/400F.
It’s a fast made Finger Food and you can prepare the Fillings in the Morning or even the night before.
You can play with different fillings. Here some ideas:
– Spinach, Bacon, Potato: Cook the Spinach (I used frozen one), cook the Bacon bits and boil tiny pieces of potatoes. Mix it all together with Gruyere Cheese, Salt and Pepper, then add some cream and an egg.
– Pumpkin, Bacon, Cheese: Grate the Pumpkin, add the cooked Bacon bits, Gruyere Cheese, some Cream and an Egg, spice to taste. (Of course this one works also with Potato or Sweet Potato instead of the Pumpkin)
– Salmon Cream: Mix Cantadou Horseradish (or use Cream Cheese and add some fresh Horseradish), some Cream, Parmesan, an Egg, fresh chopped Dill and Salmon pieces, Salt and Pepper.
– Eggplant-Goat Cheese-Walnut: I used a Goat Cheese with Brie-conistency. Of course Camembert or Brie work the same. Put 2-3 Soft Cheeses in a Food Processor, with about 15 Wallnuts and some Cream, Parmesan, Salt and Pepper. Cut the Eggplants (about 2) in small pieces and cook them in some Olive Oil until golden brown, lightly salt them. Mix it all together and add an Egg. (Makes about 24 pastry pieces).
– Ham and Cheese: Precook the Ham bits with some Onion, Mix it with chopped Chives, Cream, an Egg and your choice of grated Cheese and spice to your taste.
– Spanish Tapas: Mix chopped Chorizo, chopped sun dried Tomatoes, chopped green or black Olives, Cream, and Egg and grated Cheese of your choice, spice to your taste.
– Chili con Carne Style: Cook the Ground Beef with some Tomatoes and Tomato Puree, add some Chili, Corn and red Beans, some Cream and an Egg, Salt and Pepper
– Spinach-Feta: Cook the spinach and puree it or use frozen one, mix it with Cream, an Egg and crumbled Feta Cheese
– Caprese: Chop up Tomatoes and Mozzarella, add some Parmesan, Cream, an Egg and chopped fresh Basil and spice it to your taste.
Broccoli-Almond Bites: Precook the in small pieces cut Broccoli, mix it with Gruyere or other grated Cheese, Salt and Pepper, Cream and an Egg, and mix in Almond pieces and sprinkle some on top when you filled them into the pastry.
And as you can see this list is endless and you can make all the combinations that you love and that come to your mind with the simple adds of some Cream, Cheese and an Egg.
Happy Party Time everyone