Ingredients for 2 glass:
4 Tbsp. of Chia Seeds
1 Cup of Soy Milk (or your choice of milk)
1/4 Cup of Water
1 ripe Banana
1/2- 1 Cup of the seasonal or frozen fruit of your choice (I took frozen blueberries)
Optional: more Soy Milk for a creamy smoothie layer
a few almond splitters or Cashew nuts
Agave syrup or other sweetening
Mix the Chia Seeds with the Milk and the Water with 1 Tsp. to 1 Tbsp. of Agave Syrup. In the first 10-15 minutes you once in a while have to stir it. Then set it aside for at least 2 hour or over night in the fridge.
When the basic is ready prepare the fruits by cutting them in little pieces (precook them or use them raw) or blend them (what I did) to a thick smoothie with 1/2 Cup of Soy Milk. Sweeten it with Agave Syrup if you like.
Roast the nuts in a pan.
You can make layers in a glass with the Chia-Milk mix and the fruits or stir it all together. Top with the roasted Nuts.
And enjoy it for Breakfast, Snack or Dessert.
You can prepare the whole glass the night before and store it in the fridge.
As it is winter time and we don’t have to many fresh seasonal fruits besides apples, I decided to take frozen blueberries and a banana. But the combinations are endless. Here a few of my favorite ones:
– with Mango and roasted Coconut
– with Pineapple and roasted Coconut
– with Fresh wild Berries or pomegranate
– With fresh Peaches and Vanilla
– Mocha: Mix an espresso and 1 Tbsp. unsweetened Cacao with the Milk and the Chia
– With a few spoons of Pumpkin Puree and some Cinnamon and Nutmeg
– with Figs and Dates and some crushed Cashews on top
– with Apples (Precook with a cinnamon stick until soft, cool off before mixing) and grated Hazelnuts
– Acai and Banana
– Strawberries and Vanilla
– Add Peanut butter to the Chia-Milk and make a Cherry or berry layer (yummie Dessert)
Top off with crunchy roasted nuts or seeds or add some granola for your perfect breakfast.