Vegan Maki Sushi isn’t a new Recipe invented by the Delight Bite – kitchen but today I gave it a little twist by coloring the rice with natural colors – Spirulina, Turmeric, Beet Juice and Sweet Pepper Powder transformed this simple meal into a rainbow.
With Sauteed Garlic-Mushrooms I added more Omami to the food and served it with pickled Ginger, Soy Sauce, Wasabi and of course Chop Sticks.
A great way to create Finger Food for a Party or simply bring some color to the table in a natural way.
Find the Recipe Here or go to “Vegan Delight Bites” or “A whiff from the far east”
Happy Sunday everyone!
So in addition to my last post and Recipe The Flower Party Breads with delicious Fillings I also wanted to give you the idea of making similar fillings and fill them into puff pastry.
All you need to do is you butter a muffin form, cut scares from the dough and lay it out in the muffin form. Add the filling and fold the pastry endings into the center. Bake them for about 20 minutes by 200C/400F.
It’s a fast made Finger Food and you can prepare the Fillings in the Morning or even the night before.
You can play with different fillings. Here some ideas:
– Spinach, Bacon, Potato: Cook the Spinach (I used frozen one), cook the Bacon bits and boil tiny pieces of potatoes. Mix it all together with Gruyere Cheese, Salt and Pepper, then add some cream and an egg.
– Pumpkin, Bacon, Cheese: Grate the Pumpkin, add the cooked Bacon bits, Gruyere Cheese, some Cream and an Egg, spice to taste. (Of course this one works also with Potato or Sweet Potato instead of the Pumpkin)
– Salmon Cream: Mix Cantadou Horseradish (or use Cream Cheese and add some fresh Horseradish), some Cream, Parmesan, an Egg, fresh chopped Dill and Salmon pieces, Salt and Pepper.
– Eggplant-Goat Cheese-Walnut: I used a Goat Cheese with Brie-conistency. Of course Camembert or Brie work the same. Put 2-3 Soft Cheeses in a Food Processor, with about 15 Wallnuts and some Cream, Parmesan, Salt and Pepper. Cut the Eggplants (about 2) in small pieces and cook them in some Olive Oil until golden brown, lightly salt them. Mix it all together and add an Egg. (Makes about 24 pastry pieces).
– Ham and Cheese: Precook the Ham bits with some Onion, Mix it with chopped Chives, Cream, an Egg and your choice of grated Cheese and spice to your taste.
– Spanish Tapas: Mix chopped Chorizo, chopped sun dried Tomatoes, chopped green or black Olives, Cream, and Egg and grated Cheese of your choice, spice to your taste.
– Chili con Carne Style: Cook the Ground Beef with some Tomatoes and Tomato Puree, add some Chili, Corn and red Beans, some Cream and an Egg, Salt and Pepper
– Spinach-Feta: Cook the spinach and puree it or use frozen one, mix it with Cream, an Egg and crumbled Feta Cheese
– Caprese: Chop up Tomatoes and Mozzarella, add some Parmesan, Cream, an Egg and chopped fresh Basil and spice it to your taste.
Broccoli-Almond Bites: Precook the in small pieces cut Broccoli, mix it with Gruyere or other grated Cheese, Salt and Pepper, Cream and an Egg, and mix in Almond pieces and sprinkle some on top when you filled them into the pastry.
And as you can see this list is endless and you can make all the combinations that you love and that come to your mind with the simple adds of some Cream, Cheese and an Egg.
Happy Party Time everyone
Yesterday I had the great opportunity to bake some Filled Flowerbreads for a business christmas party.
This time I used my Zopf Recipe for all the Breads and made different fillings. As they turned out super luscious, I wanted to share them with you. If you go on my Flower Party Bread Page, you can find a link on how to form this bread shape. My Tip: Fill all the breads generously.
Ground Beef, Onion, Red Bell Peppers, Corn, Sour Cream, Gruyere – Cook the Ground Beef, with the Onion and Bell Pepper, Spice it, then add the Corn , Sour Cream and Cheese and mix it well and fill the bread.
Cantadou Horseradish (Or Philadelphia and Horseradish mixed), Sour Cream, Salt, Pepper, fresh Dill and pieces of Salmon.
Pesto as a base, then Chorizo pieces, chopped Olives, chopped sun dried Tomatoes, Parmesan
Prepare a Cream base in the food Processor: 2 big Camembert or Brie, 15 Walnuts and some Sour Cream, Salt and Pepper. Step 2: 4 Eggplants, small dices cooked with some Olive Oil until golden brown and lightly salted. Mix the eggplant with the Cream base and some Parmesan and fill the Bread.
Sorry for the bad photo quality (Cell phone). One bread I forgot to photograph totally. That one was a base of Philadelphia Cream Cheese, then topped with precooked Bacon bits and lots of Onion, Pepper and some Salt. Finished with some grated Gruyere Cheese and Oregano, then again formed into a Flower and baked for 50 minutes.
I hope you enjoy these Recipes as much as I love them, as they are so easy and great for any Party.