My significant other gave me a beautiful cook book called “Vegan Love Story” by Tibits and Hiltl. Last month friends came over for dinner and we tried 8 different dishes from that book. I love how they play with interesting … Continue reading
Hi Everyone! I hope you had a delicious Christmas! I would like to share with you the christmas appetizer I made, served with some nice champagne. A great way to start a Dinner Party. Hot Pizza dough with combinations of Goat … Continue reading
Today I have something nice for you guys. But even more I have something nice for my Bridesmaids, as they are the ones that actually come and eat the food I have prepared.
I am getting married this summer and even if we don’t have the tradition with the Maids here in Switzerland, I believe it’s a lovely one. So for our special day this summer I’ve decided to have my friends of honor and best sisters being my Bridesmaids. And as they do so much for me through this time (just thinking about all my wedding bla bla they deal with), tonight I can give them back just a little bit, by cooking for them and celebrate our friendships.
With a big plate full of veggie sticks and some Corn Tortillas to Dip. But these Lentil crackers! Guys! Heaven!
It’s all low fat, vegan, healthy and super yummie!
Find the Recipe Here or go to “Vegan Delight Bites”
Happy Weekend everyone,
Here it is, my second guest Post straight from the recipe book of Mama Lovestone.
You might think “Isn’t this cold Cucumber and Basil Soup more of a summer dish”. Well, I won’t contradict. But hey, there is an other half of the world that has summer time right now. So this is for all you people that enjoy a warm climate right now or that simply don’t care and like to enjoy some cold creamy soup when it snows – just like me.
You can prepare it the day before and it only takes you about 10 Minutes to make this super savory soup.
It’s a great dish to serve in small glasses at the Buffet or also as an appetizer.
That certain something comes from the Noilly Prat, a french Wermouth. If you can’t find that brand, you could also use “Martini extra dry”. Not the same taste, but it would work. The Original Recipe is with greek yoghurt, but I “veganized” the recipe (replaced with soy yoghurt) and as I have tried both ways before, I must say, there is no taste difference. This Soup is simply a taste bomb!
Find this Recipe Here or go to “Appetizers”.
Happy weekend to everyone with many many tasty highlights of course!
As I promised, here my first guest post from no one less then my mother. For the new years eve dinner she prepared a beautiful Buffet for 16 hungry people. Two of the recipes I would like to share with you, as they are simple and fast to make but are a little star, when it comes to tickle your taste buds.
And…my personal opinion: Little scrumptious food combinations in small classes make me happy just to look at.
This is a great option for a Buffet or also as an appetizer.
For me there is no better cuisine then cooking with simple high quality ingredients. And the combination of sweet Cherry Tomatoes and creamy rich Avocado just scream to be eaten together….at least in my head (common, Avo-Toast with Tomatoes and cracked Pepper- who doesn’t get a kick out of this 2 Minute prep. meal)
Find this Recipe Here or go to “Appetizers”
As a first course I would maybe make some homemade focaccia to go with it. Or what are your serving ideas?
So in addition to my last post and Recipe The Flower Party Breads with delicious Fillings I also wanted to give you the idea of making similar fillings and fill them into puff pastry.
All you need to do is you butter a muffin form, cut scares from the dough and lay it out in the muffin form. Add the filling and fold the pastry endings into the center. Bake them for about 20 minutes by 200C/400F.
It’s a fast made Finger Food and you can prepare the Fillings in the Morning or even the night before.
You can play with different fillings. Here some ideas:
– Spinach, Bacon, Potato: Cook the Spinach (I used frozen one), cook the Bacon bits and boil tiny pieces of potatoes. Mix it all together with Gruyere Cheese, Salt and Pepper, then add some cream and an egg.
– Pumpkin, Bacon, Cheese: Grate the Pumpkin, add the cooked Bacon bits, Gruyere Cheese, some Cream and an Egg, spice to taste. (Of course this one works also with Potato or Sweet Potato instead of the Pumpkin)
– Salmon Cream: Mix Cantadou Horseradish (or use Cream Cheese and add some fresh Horseradish), some Cream, Parmesan, an Egg, fresh chopped Dill and Salmon pieces, Salt and Pepper.
– Eggplant-Goat Cheese-Walnut: I used a Goat Cheese with Brie-conistency. Of course Camembert or Brie work the same. Put 2-3 Soft Cheeses in a Food Processor, with about 15 Wallnuts and some Cream, Parmesan, Salt and Pepper. Cut the Eggplants (about 2) in small pieces and cook them in some Olive Oil until golden brown, lightly salt them. Mix it all together and add an Egg. (Makes about 24 pastry pieces).
– Ham and Cheese: Precook the Ham bits with some Onion, Mix it with chopped Chives, Cream, an Egg and your choice of grated Cheese and spice to your taste.
– Spanish Tapas: Mix chopped Chorizo, chopped sun dried Tomatoes, chopped green or black Olives, Cream, and Egg and grated Cheese of your choice, spice to your taste.
– Chili con Carne Style: Cook the Ground Beef with some Tomatoes and Tomato Puree, add some Chili, Corn and red Beans, some Cream and an Egg, Salt and Pepper
– Spinach-Feta: Cook the spinach and puree it or use frozen one, mix it with Cream, an Egg and crumbled Feta Cheese
– Caprese: Chop up Tomatoes and Mozzarella, add some Parmesan, Cream, an Egg and chopped fresh Basil and spice it to your taste.
Broccoli-Almond Bites: Precook the in small pieces cut Broccoli, mix it with Gruyere or other grated Cheese, Salt and Pepper, Cream and an Egg, and mix in Almond pieces and sprinkle some on top when you filled them into the pastry.
And as you can see this list is endless and you can make all the combinations that you love and that come to your mind with the simple adds of some Cream, Cheese and an Egg.
Happy Party Time everyone
It’s sunny, it’s warm and it’s time to enjoy la bella vita! Here a simple but yummie Appetizer/Apéro idea: marinated Tomato-Mozzarella Skewers. Marinated with a paste of fresh Basil, Garlic, Olive Oil, Pepperoncini and Pine Nuts.
Find this Recipe Here or go to “Apéro”
A lovely weekend to everyone!
E buon appetito!